b-rel progression weekend
Written by Matt Teager
Photos by all instructors on the event
Location // SA Skydiving, Wellington Date // Feb 18-20 2022
After a successful BREL weekend late last year, hindered by weather, we hustled up the immense amount of enthusiasm in South Australia currently and organised another 3 day BREL event. Students studied up their B-Rel guides, greased up the wheels of the creepers and arrived for the event very well prepared.
Friday morning started with a group briefing, outlining the best tips and tricks for successful BRELs
We also covered
- diving to formations
- approaching formations
- flying on level
- taking and releasing docks
- safe break-off
- jump run and tracking
Friday delivered winds of an annoying 13-17 knots keeing some of the candidates grounded.
We were blessed with pristine weather for the remainder of the weekend, with hardly a breath of wind and crystal clear blue skies for the majority of the three days.
With a team of experienced instructors and coaches, the candidates were primed for a day of epic jumping.
The event was a massive success with 41 BRELs completed!
- Adam completed 4 and ticked off a number of accuracies.
- Monkey completed 4 BRELs, got onto his own rig and has his first chop! How many cartons is that!
- Bob ditched work on Friday to complete 1 and get a magic exit photo!
- Brett completed 3 to finish his BREL table and is now jumping his own gear and B licenced!
- Jack completed 2 BRELs and nailed his landings.
- John competed a whopping 5 BRELs and completed his A licence accuracies.
- Manan competed 3 BRELs and signed off accuracies.
- Matis smashed 7 BRELs, completed the BREL table, ticked off accuracies and attained his B licence! What an achievement.
- Mitch also smashed out 5 BRELs and ticked off his A licence.
- Sam ticked 5 BRELs off and has now completed his BREL table.
- Zac finished his final 4 BRELs to finish the table and downsized canopies.
Thanks to the APF, SASPC and SAPC who supported this event. A massive success progressing our student and A licence holders.